1. Only students who were home schooled during the current school year may participate in the project divisions.
2. Projects must have been completed after June 1st of the previous year. Do not enter projects from previous fairs.
3. All participants in Project Divisions must be home schooled. However, all other activities are open to any fair-goer unless otherwise stated.
4. Each student may enter as many projects as desired.
5. All projects must be done completely by student. Parent or teacher may guide student through project, but work must be done by student. If parent must help a very young child, please include a note for the judge.
6. Projects must remain on display until 3:00 p.m. on fair day. If you are unable to stay, please ask a responsible adult to pick up your projects.
7. Deadlines will be strictly enforced. Absolutely no exceptions will be allowed. If a deadline is missed, the student's work will not be judged. They will receive a participation ribbon for their efforts.
8. Group Projects. This is defined as one project entry that was worked on by a group. The following rules apply to Group Projects:
Projects - Walk Up Participation
10. Spelling Bee and Bible Sword Drill accept walk-up entries on the day of the fair. Walk-up entries pay at the Admissions table when you arrive. Please be sure to pay at Admissions, not at the event - the event coordinators are not prepared to handle money; they are running the event.
11. Olympics events accept walk-up entries on the day of the fair. Please go to the Olympics Registration table in the field to sign-up and complete a release form.
12. Project fees for all divisions are 1.00 per project.
13. Olympic events cost 1.00 per event or $4.00 for all events per person when paid in advance by the deadline
14. Walk-up Entries for Olympics cost $1.50 per event or $6.00 for all events per person. Go to Olympics Registration table in the field to complete a sign-up and release form.
15. Walk-up Entries on Fair Day for Spelling Bee and Bible Sword Drill are $1.50 for each event. This is paid at the Admissions table when you first arrive.
16. All judges decisions are FINAL.
17. All projects will be judged according to the Danish System of judging, unless otherwise specified.
18. The criteria used for judging is listed for each Division. Each criteria is weighted so you understand what qualities and/or characteristics the judges will use to evaluate each project.
19. Ribbon assignment. Based upon the judging criteria, points are assigned as follows:
Regarding disappointment about judging - we encourage parents to review the judging criteria with their student ;help the student value the disappointment as an opportunity to re-access and do better the net time; explain the value in receiving feedback from an adult other than his or her parent; and remind the student that success or failure is an opportunity to grow in humility and graciousness instead of pride and excessive competitiveness.
20. Spelling Bee, Bible Sword drill and Olympics will be judged in the traditional manner (1st place, 2nd place, etc).
21. Judges will set standards for judging, and project will be judged according to criteria, NOT against other students.
22. When a student submits multiple entries in a single division, the judges reserve the right to score only the best of the entries. Hint: be selective in choosing your entries.
23. Students are considered to be ages 4-18 for project entries. Younger children may participate, however, their work will not be judged. They will receive a participation ribbon for their efforts.
24. Deadlines for submitting Project Registration, Olympics Sign Ups and Administration will be strictly enforced. Absolutely no exceptions will be allowed. If a deadline is missed, the student's work will not be judged. They will receive a participation ribbon for their efforts.
25. No Dogs Allowed - except service dogs & vendor participants with pet themed booths & Booth Coordinator approval.
26. All fair-goers must wear wristbands. They are provided at Admissions when you enter the fair. Vendors and exhibitors receive their wristbands at Vendor check-in.