25 - 25 Platform Speech - Original Oratory - (From STOAUSA's web site)
"An Original Oratory is a prepared speech, written by the competitor, on a topic of the speaker's choice."
1. The competitor may prepare a speech on any topic.
2. The purpose of the speech may be to inform, persuade, entertain, inspire, eulogize, or fulfill any other function.
3. The speech must be an original work, written by the competitor, and scripted verbatim.
4. The competitor must submit speech as a pdf document by email by May 9th. The email reply will be approval to present speech at the Fair.
5. A maximum of 30% of the speech may consist of quoted material.
Original Oratory Presentation Rules:
1. All direct quotations and primary sources must be cited verbally within the body of the speech. Use of another person’s words or ideas without crediting them is plagiarism and is strictly forbidden.
2. The script may be memorized or notes may be used.
3. No props, audio or visual aids may be used.
4. Gratuitous vulgarity is strictly prohibited.
5. Maximum speaking time is 5 minutes.
– Needs work
Clear Thesis statement
Yes or No
Script fully memorized
Reading from script